2013 270cc Micro Sprint
1. All cars should be
constructed to look like microsprints. All cars must be
equipped with complete
body panels (hood, tail, side panels, belly pan, etc.)
2. Roll cages must be constructed of 4130 chrome moly
tubing. Minimum diameter 1 Ό OD, .065 wall
thickness OR 1 OD .083 wall thickness.
3. Belly pan must extend from the front of the seat to the
nose of the car.
4. All steering and suspension parts that are bolted
together must use locking nuts, safety wire, or
5. All cars must be equipped with nerf bars extending to
at least the inside edge of the front tire and
middle of the rear tire. May not extend beyond the outside
of the tread width of any tire.
6. No centrifugal clutches or belt drives.
7. 4 point racing harness mandatory, minimum width of 2
½. May not be more than 5 years old as of
first race of the season.
8. With driver seated in car, there must be a minimum of
3 of clearance between the drivers helmet
and the upper roll bar.
9. Brakes must be of sufficient strength as to stop the
wheels in the pits or stop the car while in motion
on the track.
10. Car must be equipped with a fuel shutoff valve and kill
switch. Both must be functional, within reach
of the driver, and clearly marked.
11. Sharp pointed objects will not be tolerated.
12. Radiators should be mounted in a manner that makes it
highly unlikely that it will be contacted by
13. Steering mechanism must be constructed of a minimum of
5/8 rod and 3/8 heims.
14. Cars must have front and rear bumpers. Rear bumper must
be suitable for push start. Track not
responsible for car damage due to push starting or
pushing/removing from track.
15. Wheelbase - 56 minimum, 72 maximum.
16. Overall width - Shall not exceed 59 sidewall to
17. All wheels must be race approved, 8 or 10 inch diameter
18. Engine Specs: Any single cylinder 250cc full production
engine. Maximum of 271cc permitted. No
forced air induction or fuel injection. Any height
compression head is legal. Gas or alcohol only! No
additives other than top end lube.
19. Sprint car type window net RECOMMENDED on left side of
20. Torque arm must be secured by a minimum Ό cable or
chain, or other reasonable safety device.
21. Welded Spindles must have skid plates
22. All cars must have a top wing at all times. Must be
securely fastened. If damaged during race, car
may continue provided it is still reasonably secure. NO CARS
WILL RUN WITHOUT TOP WING!
23. Top wing may not exceed 12 sq. ft. Side panels must not
obstruct the view of the driver and cannot
extend past the center section by more than 10 inches, front
or back. 24 x 54 side panel maximum.
24. Nose wings allowed. Maximum size 28 x 18. Must not
mount forward of front bumper.
25. QUIET PIPES ARE REQUESTED IF YOU HAVE ONE! If noise
becomes an issue with the township,
they will become MANDATORY!
26. All added weights must be painted white with car number
clearly marked on it. Weights must be
securely fastened with locknuts, double nutted, or must be
drilled and secured with a cotter key.
27. A 450cc 4-Stroke engine may compete in the 270cc
Microsprint division. All chassis/weight rules will
remain the same regardless of engine. May be converted to
alcohol. If running gas, MUST have a tank
A. MUST retain stock stroke.
B. Boring permitted.
C. NO injection. Carb only.
D. Clutch may be removed.
E. MUST HAVE MUFFLER!
F. Racer must have a manual for the engine they are running
for informational purposes.
G. It is our hope that by allowing the 450's to compete,
that we will be better prepared for the future in
regards to this division. We reserve the right to make any
rule amendments we deem necessary to
maintain a level playing field.